The correct method for nasal washing
Reading time: about 5 minutes
What are nasal washes and what are they for?
The nasal washes consist in washing the nasal cavities with a saline solution that, introduced into the nose, makes a real complete washing of the nasal cavities entering one nostril and escaping from the other. A practice that brings many benefits, since it promotes the elimination of mucus, allergens, dust, pollutants, bacteria and viruses, improves breathing and increases the humidity of the mucous membranes, giving relief.
Nasal washes are useful both in the treatment of real pathologies that afflict the nose, and as active prevention and normal daily hygiene, to soothe and decongest the mucosa, with a completely natural treatment and without particular contraindications.
You can get relief from nasal washes in case of:
- Cold, because they remove excess mucus without resorting to the use of medication.
- Sinusitis, because they promote the decongestion of swollen and inflamed mucosa and the elimination of mucus.
- Respiratory allergies, because they wash the nasal cavities of allergens, mold and dust that can cause respiratory disorders.
- Rhinitis, because this kind of cold, also called hay fever, is an inflammatory reaction in the mucosa of the nose and eyes, due to the inhalation of allergens, which are washed away.
- Asthma, favoring the decongestion of the nasal mucosa, in air transit is improved.
- Snoring, because the airways are cleaner.
Even if you now know the benefits of nasal washes, you may have doubts about how to make a proper nasal wash with Otosan Nasal Wash, Otosan kit consisting of 1 Irrigator bottle and 30 Predosate sachets to carry out this treatment comfortably at home.
The correct methods for an effective Nasal Wash.
As we said, the practice of nasal washing consists in making a hydrohaline solution flow inside the nose by letting the flow of liquid into one nostril and then letting it flow out of the other. The water flows from one nostril and exits from the other through the communication that connects the two breasts and that is located at the top, towards the junction of the nose. This wash allows you to cleanse the nasal mucosa deeply, gently and effectively. It is good to carry out all the operation on the sink, since it will be quite normal to leak fluid and nasal secretions.
Is washing annoying?
For those who have never experienced this technique it will be necessary to make some attempts before becoming familiar. However, after a few days, it will become a completely natural gesture. Many people who approached nasal washes appreciated the immediate benefits on breathing and nose health. The procedure itself is neither unpleasant nor complicated, and many find that it becomes a simple and beneficial part of their daily routine.
Tip: Perform the whole prosthetic procedure forward while pronouncing the vowel "a", so that the solution does not end in the throat.
How to prepare the bottle?
The Otosan Nasal Wash kit is composed of 1 Irrigator bottle and 30 Predosate sachets. The sprinkler bottle must be filled up to the drinking water line (from the tap if it is drinking or from mineral water bottle) in which 1 or 2 sachets must be dissolved in full, depending on whether you want to obtain an isotonic solution (1 sachet) or hypertonic (2 sachets).
How much solution to use in one wash?
We suggest to use for each wash the whole solution, filling the bottle up to the line (corresponds to about 240 ml). Thus prepared use the solution in a single washing session, distributing it between the two nostrils. The solution should be freshly prepared and consumed completely during use. This method ensures proper cleansing of the nasal passages to achieve maximum benefits from irrigation.
HOW TO USE OTOSAN NASAL WASH:
- Fill the bottle with lukewarm drinking water at a temperature of 35-40 μ C, up to the mark which corresponds to about 240 ml.
- Dissolve one or two predosate sachets depending on whether you want to obtain an isotonic or hypertonic solution.
- Shake the bottle until the solution has completely dissolved in the water.
- Bend your head slightly forward, continue towards the sink, keeping the bottle in a vertical position.
- Insert the end of the bottle into a nostril while breathing with your mouth open.
- Apply gentle pressure to the base of the bottle. Wait for the solution to flow into the nose as you exit the opposite nostril.
- While washing, breathe with your mouth open.
- At the end of irrigation, stay a few moments with your head bent forward.
- Use about half a bottle on one side, with the other side of solution repeat the same operation in the other nostril.
- Gently blow your nose.
- After each use, fill the bottle with warm water and shake vigorously to effect an effective cleaning.
- When finished, rinse and dry thoroughly.
- It is recommended to replace the bottle every 3 months of use.
Useful information about Otosan Nasal Wash Kit
- It is advisable to use Otosan Nasal Wash Kit twice a day, in the morning and in the evening, before bedtime.
- For a correct solution composition, fill the bottle to the line that corresponds to about 240 ml.
- The isotonic solution (1 sachet) is useful for daily nasal hygiene and in case of allergic rhinitis, sinusitis, cold and snoring at night. Washing with isotonic solution can be done twice a day with no time limit.
- The hypertonic solution (2 sachets) is indicated in cases of severe nasal congestion, chronic sinusitis and in post-operative. Washing with hypertonic solution is indicated morning and evening up to a maximum of 10 days.
- The plastic bottle can only be washed with warm water. It is not possible to wash the bottle in the dishwasher.
- It is recommended to replace the bottle every 3 months of use as the plastic could be damaged if used for a long time.
- Do not use bottles other than those supplied by Otosan.
Read the instructions for use carefully.
ATTENZIONE: Le informazioni riportate in questa pagina provengono da Fonti aziendali e sono pubblicate dopo attente verifiche delle fonti, scelte con cura e per quanto possibile aggiornate ed ufficiali, ma non devono essere considerate informazioni complete e universali, né è possibile garantire l’assenza di errori e la correttezza delle informazioni divulgate.
Testi, immagini, foto e disegni relativi a Dispositivi Medici e Presidi Medico-Chirurgici contenute in questa pagina non hanno carattere né natura di pubblicità e si rivolgono ad un pubblico clinicamente informato. Otosan srl ha la facoltà di apportare eventuali modifiche alle informazioni pubblicate senza darne avviso preventivo. È vietata la riproduzione al pubblico se non per uso strettamente personale e non pubblico.